Friday, December 01, 2006

New KMTV Weather Blog Provides Additional Info.

KMTV Meteorologists, courtesy of KMTVMeteorologists at KMTV (Cox Channel 5) are sharing more background about their forecasts in a new weather blog section on the station's website, action3news.com

Through the first two weeks of the blog, meteorologist Dean Wysocki has posted entries which often feature forecast models, as well as folllow-ups on forecasts and advice for travelers.

"We all basically came up with the idea (for the blog)," Wysocki said. "I'm not sure if the rest of the meteorologists will be posting (but) I'm sure they will if I'm on vacation or if they have some good tidbits to add."

Wysocki said the blog will strive to deliver a more in-depth look at local weather - more than what is typically offered in a three-minute forecast during a newscast.

"It's not going to be fluff stuff on how my day went or where I traveled to…unless I get some great weather pics to post with it," he said.

Among Omaha and Lincoln TV stations, only KMTV and KETV (Cox Channel 9) offer blogs by their meteorologists.

No comments: