Monday, December 04, 2006

The Brummer File

Sheila Brummer, courtesy of wowt.comMorningside College's alumni publication, The Morningsider, profiles WOWT anchor/reporter Sheila Brummer in the "class notes" section of its November/December issue.

The half-page article (page 7 of the PDF) recalls Brummer's busy senior year. (She graduated with a major in mass communications in 1992.)

In the story, Brummer said she doesn't know how she kept up with everything - working several jobs, including positions at the college radio station and newspaper.

"My senior year I was working 30 hours a week, and I was doing an internship. I didn't have straight As, but I had good grades."

She also shares details of her first interview for the college TV station:

"I interviewed Tom Gerking, who was a music major, about a concert that was coming up. I was really nervous about the interview, so I can't really remember that much more about it. And back then I used to have really bad big 80s type hair, so I had to worry about it not flying all over the place while I was on camera."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer file! How dare you. What? Brummer file? Oh....., Never Mind.