Thursday, December 07, 2006

Breaking News About Wednesday Accident
Delivered Via Cell Phone Text Messaging

KPTM First Alert LogoKPTM (Cox Channel 10) is one of a number of local TV stations to offer breaking news alerts via cell phone text messaging.

Wednesday night, viewers signed up for KPTM's "Fox 42 First Alert" received a text message alerting them to an accident which closed some lanes of I-29 and I-680 shortly after 5 p.m.

KETV.com and WOWT.com also offer viewers the opportunity to receive breaking news via cell phone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where was KETV traffic to go on that one?

Anonymous said...

That would be a rather retarded test message to receive. I-29 goes North and South.

Unknown said...

Anonymous:

You are correct. The original message read: "I-680 wb, just E of the I-29 split is shut down to an overturned semi pulling a house. All wb lanes are shut down."

I am changing the original post.

Anonymous said...

yep, I did.