Thursday, October 05, 2006

Kay Kriss Moves From KFAB to KLTQ

Kay Kriss, courtesy of KFAB.comKay Kriss, executive producer of Tom Becka's show on KFAB (1110 AM) is leaving the program and Clear Channel to join Jack Swanda next week on the morning shift on NRG Media-owned KLTQ (101.9 FM).

"I always enjoyed working with Jack and look forward to doing mornings with him again," Kriss said. "I will be doing some news, which I hope to gear toward our audience and I know we will have lots of fun in the early AM."

Swanda is a radio veteran who has been heard on several Omaha stations since 1982. Kriss has been a part of Omaha's radio scene for nearly two decades and worked for Clear Channel the past two years. The pair previously was heard together on KQBW's predecessor, the former KEFM (96.1 FM), when it was privately owned.

Kevin Conners, who has been paired with Swanda on the morning show, will continue working for NRG Media, said Vice President of Programming Mark Todd.

"Kevin will be concentrating on his work at the Waitt Radio Networks," Todd said.

Conners serves as "utility" on-air talent, Todd said, working on Waitt's oldies, adult contemporary and classic rock stations.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kay is a class act. I wish her the best of luck in her new gig.

Anonymous said...

Conners left like a pro!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Mark Todd with KFAB previously?

Anonymous said...

I may have been mistaken in my previous post, but is it the same Mark Todd that was with KGBI FM? I listen to both stations and couldn't remember where I heard him.

Mark