Tuesday, January 16, 2007

KFAB Host Composes His Own Version
Of New State Song For Nebraska

Updated: Jan. 17, 2007 | 12:47 p.m.

Tom Becka, courtesy of KFAB.comThe debate over whether the Nebraska should adopt a new state song has spurred KFAB (1110 AM) afternoon drive-time talk show host Tom Becka and producer Matt Tompkins to compose their own version of a new state song.

Click here to watch their music video.

Last Friday, State Senator Carroll Burling of Hastings introduced a bill to change the state song to an upbeat country tune titled, "I Love Nebraska." It was written, composed and sung by Ginger ten Bensel, a reporter for Hastings TV station KHAS.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer that Tom Becka go back to his little radio show and irritate the African-America folk in North Omaha, and that red or blonde-haired freak, go back to some hard-hitting journalism, like "The Dangers of Sorghum" or "Milo; The Utilitarian Cash Crop".

Only then will the world be in balance again.

Anonymous said...

Tommy and Matt,

I love it1 One of those songs that you can't get out of your head. I will be humming it all night .

I liked it better than the North Omaha one.

I vote for it!

Mom B.

Anonymous said...

I gotta say that I love the KFAB version a million times better. You guys hit the nail on the head!!!

Anonymous said...

The Becka version is much better. I about died laughing listening to it. Ben Nelson's version runs a distant second. Great stuff!

Anonymous said...

The TV reporter best be worried!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The video is now up on my webpage. It won't win any awards but it is kind of funny and it was shot with absolutely no budget.

YouTube is indeed an amazing thing.

Anonymous said...

What a great song!