Monday, October 16, 2006

World-Herald: 'Computer Message'
The Rest of Us Call It 'E-Mail'

The Omaha World-Herald, in an apparent veiled attempt to disguise the fact that it sometimes conducts interviews via e-mail, used the words "computer message" to describe how Ben Nelson spokeswoman Marcia Cady responded to a question.

"She said through a computer message that Nelson had not contributed to his own campaign," wrote reporter Rick Ruggles in a story about the Nebraska U.S. Senate race in Sunday's edition of the newspaper.

2 comments:

Dumb Anguish said...

Ugh. Why would you even admit that in a story, that you conducted part of the interview via email? I guess I'm old fashioned, but at least pick up the telephone to do the interview.

By the way, I couldn't care less who wins that senate election, I dislike both of them. But I will be splitting my sides if old Pete loses despite spending fifty gazillion dollars of his own money. I don't know, maybe he's under the impression the US Senate pays out $3 Million a year with a $25 Million Signing Bonus.

Anonymous said...

Unless they just took the quote from a press release emailed, oh I'm sorry, from the "computer message". Kind of like when one of the TV stations say "so and so tells (insert station here)" when they refer to what was said during a press conference attended by every news organization in town.