Monday, August 28, 2006

New KFAB Talk Show Host Is Omaha Native

ScottNew Omaha talk show host Scott Voorhees says listeners can expect him to be "honest not controversial" during his program from 9-11 a.m. weekdays on KFAB (1110 AM).

"I'm not here to inflict an identifiable set of political views on listeners," Voorhees said. "With all the negative energy in the world right now, I don't need to be another cranky voice screaming about how everything is wrong while offering no solutions."

Voorhees said he tries to keep the topics on the lighter side and promises to consider how it might relate to his listening audience.

"In other words, if I don't think Omaha cares about Joe Lieberman, I'm not going to spend a lot of time talking about his independent attempt to cling to his job," Voorhees said.

No stranger to Omaha, Voorhees graduated from Ralston High in 1995 and from the University of Nebraska-Kearney in 2003 (with a few stops to do radio in Omaha and Kansas City in between). His radio career includes stints at Omaha radio stations KKAR (1996), The Edge (1997-1998) and KOIL (1998), as well as Kansas City's KCMO (1998-2001) and KCTE (until 2004).

"I've also worked with the All Comedy Radio network before assisting in the management of "Survivor: Guatemala" winner Danni Boatwright, the Miss Nebraska USA pageant, and other people more talented than I am," Voorhees said.

Now that he's back in Omaha, is he here to stay?

"This is not a springboard for me to try to land a gig in a larger city," Voorhees said. "Mostly because I just don't want to move my entertainment center ever again. But, also because I enjoy watching the forward growth of this great city, and I want to be on the air talking to you about it."

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Vanilla Ice?

Anonymous said...

Ice, Ice, Baby! Anyone remember him when he was "Hot Scott" on Sweet 98?

Anonymous said...

no way, that is not Hot Scott?

Anonymous said...

Isn't Hot Scott in rehab now?

Anonymous said...

I think Hot Scott had blonde hair. Also, Scott V. is too young to have been "Hot Scott." He would have been on the air when he was 12 or something.

Melanie said...

Whether he's "Hot Scott" or not, this picture still makes him look like Vanillia Ice.